Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park
Chapada dos Veadeiros, which is also known as the Veadeiros tableland, has abundant flora and fauna, with spectacular sceneries of fields and hills, numerous rivers and waterfalls, a panoramic view of the sky and lots of crystals. It is located at the Araí plate, which was created 1.8 billion years ago, and is situated in the oldest geological site in South America.
Suggested Itinerary: 6 Days/ 5 Nights
Day 1 –BRASÍLIA (B)
Arrival, recepon and transfer to Brasilia Palace hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 2 – BRASILIA/ VALE DA LUA (B,L,D)
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to Alto Paraiso (3 hours). Lunch in Alto Paraiso. Guided tour to Vale da Lua, an extraordinary moon-scape of rock sculpted by the force of the São Miguel river. Transfer to São Jorge (38 km) and check-in at Casa das Flores pousada. Visit to the relaxing hot springs at nearby Agua Quente. Dinner in São Jorge.
Day 3 – NATIONAL PARK CHAPADA DOS VEADEIROS / CARIOCA FALLS (B,L)
Breakfast at a hotel. Day hike of 6 miles (10km) in the Chapada dos Veadeiros Naonal Park, vising the spectacular rock gorges, Canion I & II, and the lovely Cariocas waterfalls on the Rio Preto river. We will stop for a picnic lunch and on the walk we will pass through a range of high-altude cerrado landscapes with its disnct flora and fauna. Late Lunch in São Jorge. Evening at leisure.
Day 4 – NATIONAL PARK CHAPADA DOS VEADEIROS / RIO PRETO FALLS (B,L)
Breakfast and day hike (8km) in the Chapada dos Veadeiros Naonal Park. The circuit follows an old miners’ trail passing by the quartz crystal mines that gave rise to the selement of São Jorge. Along the way you will see a wide range of vegetaon typical of the high altude cerrado. We will stop for a swim and hydro-massage beneath the Pedreiras waterfall, one of the main aracons of the Naonal Park, set
in the rocky valley through which Rio Preto tumbles in a series of cascades and natural swimming pools. Aer a picnic lunch you will return along a small path shimmering with fragments of quartz crystal. Late Lunch in São Jorge. Evening at leisure.
Day 5 – COUROS FALLS (B,L)
Breakfast and transfer to Alto Paraiso, 45 minutes away, to Recanto da Grande Paz pousada. Transfer of 57 km, 1:30h drive on off road roads. We’ll visit the most impressive Chapada dos Veadeiros waterfalls complex, Couros Falls, Walking approximately 1.5 kilometers bordering the Rio Couros to the top of the
canyon, where the river falls into several plates, inside of a huge canyon with approximately 300m down, forming several waterfalls and pools. We’ll descend unl the middle of the falls, where it is possible to see above and below the complex. Return to Alto Paraíso in the aernoon. Late Lunch in Alto Paraíso. Evening at leisure.
Day 6 – SÃO BENTO AND ALMÉCEGAS WATERFALL/ BRASÍLIA (B,L)
Breakfast and visit to the São Bento farm, walking about 2.5. km to the lovely Almecegas 1 waterfall with its 150 (50 m) drop and then on to the smaller Almecegas 2 waterfall for a refreshing dip in the large natural swimming pool. Lunch in Alto Paraiso. Transfer to Brasilia airport (3 hours, pm flight)
———— end of our services ————
– Private transfer BSB/ hotel with guide
– 1 night at Brasilia Palace hotel with breakfast
– Acvies (including all entrance and service charges) as described in the inerary, based on the visitor
group as a whole selecng one of the two opons, Crystal Waters or Monkey Canyon.
– English-speaking guides, fully trained and accredited by ACV-CV and IBAMA on the basis of one guide
per visitor group;
– 3 nights at Casa das Flores pousada with daily breakfast;
– 1 night at Recanto da Grande Paz with daily breakfast
– Meals as described on the program (beverages not included);
– Return transfer to Alto Paraiso/ BSB airport.
While visitor groups will be dealt with as individual bookings and their parcular wishes accommodated wherever possible, visitor groups may be combined where necessary, at the discreon of the local operator, up to a maximum of eight persons per guide. Ineraries may also be adjusted at the discreon of the local operator due to climac or safety consideraons.
The original programming may be altered due to: Climate and environmental condions Pre-requisites: Physical fitness for moderate to difficult trails and ability to go through rocky or steep trails.
Oponal – UPON REQUEST
● Abseiling down the middle of the Almecegas waterfall, a descent of 135 (45m) over rock and water and into a large natural swimming pool below. Your safety throughout is carefully controlled by expert instructors so that this is an ideal bapsm into the sport with no expert people.
● Zip Line “Vôo do Gavião” (850m and 80m high) impressive Naonal Park mountain range view. We use two parallel iron cable with a tandem pulley; it is easy and passive acvity.
* Prices are valid for 2019, except for New Year, Carnival, Easter, Corpus Chris, and other major holidays and big events in the cies.
* Please note that in case of devaluaon of the US dollars against the Brazilian Real, rates may be revised. All rates are subject to change without previous warning.
RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
Our reference: 10674